258A — I am what might be, I am mystery...

Today was a decent enough day, given that it is, in fact, a Sunday. I came into today expecting to have all sorts of homework, but ended up not having any (apart from a little bit of AP Psych), which was an excellent turn of events. However, the result is that I did absolutely nothing, which is both unfortunate and liberating. Part of me can't fathom the fact that we're leaving for worlds in two days. Part of me is excited beyond belief. Part of me is kicking myself for not practicing for auditions on Tuesday. Part of me doesn't care anymore. I don't know what the next few days will bring me, but I can only hope that they will be good.

A very small to-do list that I can refer back to: I have AP Psych research to write at some point, an AP Bio assignment due tomorrow that looks like a lot of math (which makes me happy), an AP Bio test, an audition to practice for on Tuesday, packing to do, professors to email, and some psych notes due when I get back from worlds. I'm probably missing quite a bit more as well, but since I can't remember it, I will do my best not to let it stress me out more than normal.

It was a rainy and gray day the whole day, so my sense of time was deeply skewed, combined with the fact that I slept in late and didn't get up, ruining my attempt to re-correct my sleep schedule. I listened to a lot of podcasts and kind of just messed around—and I set my sights on today being the day I committed to a school. Many hours of half-dedicated waffling later, I comMITted! My next four years will be spent on a campus that I have already grown to love, with both classic brick and modern weirdness (like Stata), and I couldn't be more excited. Going somewhere where my love for Math+CS and creative writing will be entirely self-determined yet encouraged is so utterly exciting. I should look into dorms a little bit more before May though, although I think I'll have the benefit of having a roommate. (Unsure about that one.)

For now, however, I must get through the next few months. I have an AP pre-administration session and whatnot, and I don't remember when I signed up for all of these things, so we'll see how it goes. Tomorrow includes homework, practice, and robotics. How exciting. I'm honestly much more excited about flying to Detroit and meeting new people and everything though. We'll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G: A Hitchhiker's Guide to This Blog

maps, brochures, programs, and other memorabilia (ft. extensive photos of my carpet)

I chime in with a "haven't you people ever heard of, cleaning your goddamn room?", pt. 1: unpacking